Are you passionate about technology and enjoy solving problems at scale? Are you someone who likes to understand the ‘why’ and enjoys leading teams to deliver great experiences and tools? Do you have a service orientation and empathy for the hard work of analysts? We are looking for a passionate technologist with management experience who thrives in collaborative environments. You will lead an agile team of engineers to implement and support Data Engineering next-generation capabilities that enable consumption of cloud data and provide seamless access to datasets. The focus of this role is to deliver great products to our business partners in a well-managed way and to grow your team and their expertise.
The ability to communicate technical details in a fashion that allows stakeholders to understand the benefits of a project, high-level understanding of complex business roadblock and how our actions translate into data, will be a critical component of the Head Data Engineering. The following are the core cognitive and functional elements and skills:
- Deep knowledge of data engineering, machine learning, information retrieval, data mining, statistics.
- Solid architecture skills that enable you to validate the decisions your engineering leaders make.
- Ten years plus experience of within a senior data-driven position, along with at least five years of experience leading and developing teams and working with executive stakeholders.
- Previous experience running a consulting business and working directly with products or services in a delivery role specifically with a PM/Design/Engineering background
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence internal and potentially external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with CxO level personnel
- Must be effective working independently and in a team setting
- Organisational skills with the ability to manage competing demands
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology (or related degree) or the equivalent.